This is the file download section of the BenthOBS National Observation Service.
The main entry point for the BenthOBS project is at www.benthobs.fr.
In this download section, files are organized by release (e.g. 2021-01) and by sampling station. The most recent release is always available using the
In each station folder, it is possible to download files in the following tabular formats:
- TSV files (.tsv extension) where fields are separated with a tabulation. These files contain a single header line followed by a series of data lines.
Each station folder can also contain several files:
- TSV file with granulometry data.
- TSV file with hydrology data.
- TSV file with macrofauna data.
- TSV file with organic matter data.
Files are encoded with Unicode (UTF-8) character set, so this encoding should be selected when opening files in your spreadsheet application to ensure all characters are correctly displayed (see here for importing these files in Excel).
DATA USAGE/MODIFICATION/REDISTRIBUTION: All downloadable data on this web site is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 2.0 license.